Is Jillian Michaels out to kill me?

Thanks to last weeks planning/research session, I have now scheduled two Cross-Training (CT) sessions per week. Last week was Week 1, and my first CT session jotted in for Wednesday evening. The idea behind a CT session is to give your joints and running muscles a break while still working on your cardio. My options on a dark Wednesday evening are pretty limited seen as I don't have a gym membership.

I found a Jillian Michaels '30 Day Shred' DVD my friend had loaned me a few months ago so I figured - 20 minutes working out at Level 1 wouldn't be too bad... WRONG!


As I set my sitting room up (well... pushed the coffee table out of the way) and put on the DVD, I thought this would be easy enough seen as I was healthier and fitter than I have been my entire adult life. Wrong again!


So as the twenty minute routine went along, I was sniggering away to myself as I was so unprepared, instead of using 3lb weights, I was pushing air. The thoughts running through my mind were 'This isn't that bad for all the mouthing my friend was doing about how hard the DVD was'. So the twenty minutes were up before I knew it and I was feeling fine. I went about my business for the rest of the evening and slept like a baby that night.

When my alarm went off the following morning, I could barely get out of bed. My shoulders, my arms, my back all ached. It was the kind of ache you get like a bad toothache - constantly throbbing in the background. I went to work Thursday morning and how I didn't crash the car I'll never know. Even changing gears was tough.

By Saturday the pain had subsided so what did I do... Level 1 of Jillian Michaels again. Why do I do it to myself? Ouch...

The whole experience reminds me of is this Saturday Night Live sketch:


I am totally Donna M!

Comments

  1. Can you stop referring to me as your "friend" and at least give me a name check??!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment