If not now... When?

Motivation... She's a cruel beast. I have been lucky enough to channel her for the past few months on my weigh-loss journey but I'm afraid she has left me high and dry in other areas of my life. This time last year there were two areas of my life I wanted to change - One was my weight, the other I'm not willing to mention here but I'm sure anyone who knows me can guess what it is (probably because I have been going on and ON about if for the past... three years?!)


I need to lit a fire under my ass and start making some changes! At the beginning of the year I had a plan. Planning has helped me stay focused in terms of my weight-loss and running goals, however now I find myself three full months into the year and those plans I had made have slipped by the way-side.

I was sitting the the car with a friend last week talking - and I was said 'It's bloody April - how did that happen?'. It's time for me to listen to my own advice and start believing in myself. I have had the power to change my weight, my fitness, my body - surprising myself so many times along the way. I need to have the same level of self-belief in this other area of my life. I need to focus... I need to cop on!


Why is it so hard to get started? Instead of thinking about getting started... I am just going to get started! No more thinking about planning, no more thinking about starting. Now is as good a time as any to get started. 

(I understand the irony of writing a blog post about getting started instead of just getting started but similar to my weight-loss, I find writing about it helps me stay accountable to myself). I'm off to start doing things... In my last blog post, I used the quote: Accomplishment creates confidence, which creates effort resulting in more accomplishment.

I need to swallow my own advice!

Comments

Post a Comment