March Review & Setting Goals for April

I had set myself the following goal for March:


  • Specific RUN 100km this month
  • Measurable - Using the Nike Running App for runs ONLY
  • Attainable - Of course it is :)
  • Realistic - Considering I am running between 5k & 10k - It is
  • Time-sensitive - 31 days (March)
  • Evaluation - Aim for 25k / week (at my pace = 2 hrs 30 mins commitment a week)
  • Reward - A big f*ck off Easter Egg on March 31st :)

Which I didn't hit:


Does 91% of a Goal count?... I hope so! Because I had my Easter Egg yesterday and loved every bit of it :)

While I 'only' hit 91K in March I am still rather pleased with my progress. I have ran two 10K races this month, and if I hadn't gotten man-flu last week (see that gap from the 17th-21st), I would have totally hit my 100K goal.

Also, this didn't account for any walking I did in the month, which if I look at my RunKeeper app amounts to... 72.7K


When you throw in all the Level 1's of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, I think my Easter Egg was well deserved yesterday! I savoured every bit of it :) I'm also 8.5lbs lighter than I was at the beginning of the month so it's Win-win really!

So where does that leave me for April?

I'm going to set two goals - One straight-forward, one multi-faceted (I love the word multi-faceted, I've just been waiting for the right time to use it in a Blog Post).

Goal 1:
  • Top March's figures:
    • Run for longer than 9 hours
    • Run further than 91K
    • Obtain a better average pace (5m 55s/km) 
Goal 2:
  • Run 15K in a single run


If I apply my SMARTER goal setting strategy to April, I get the following:

  • Specific - Run further, longer and faster than March (as specified above) with at least one of those runs being 15K
  • Measurable - Use the Nike Running App
  • Attainable - Of course it is :)
  • Realistic - Considering I am running between 5k & 10k - It is
  • Time-sensitive - 30 days (April)
  • Evaluation - Aim for 25k / week (2 hrs 30 mins commitment a week)
  • Reward - Haven't thought of one yet, but something LUSH! 


Comments

  1. 8.5lbs?! That's amazing!! Also, 15k in one run? Fair play, good luck! I don't think I'd even attempt that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep... I'm losing it :) Nearly 5 stone gone since last September... The running has def helped! I'm a changed man

      Delete

Post a Comment