Jelly Beans - Weight Watchers - Pro Pointed

A guy at work (Thanks Kieran) recently brought in a big box of The Jelly Bean Factory jelly beans which inevitably ended in me grabbing a handful every time I passed the open jar of deliciousness.


Google couldn't tell me the Weight Watchers pro-points in the beans and I couldn't find any Nutritional Information on the packaging. I ended up contacting The Jelly Bean Factory through Facebook who got back to me with this unhelpful information about the beans:


Using my rough and ready 40kcal = 1pp rule, that makes 100g of Jelly Beans 10pps. So I wanted to know how many jelly beans are there in 10g. The answer... Between 12-14. Yes, I had my electronic scales and I weighed various combinations of beans and found on average 12 beans = 10g = 1 propoint. And what does 1 propoint of beans look like I hear you say:


Now while this is all well and good, my problem lies in the fact it is impossible not to take a small handful from a 1.4kg tub when your handful doesn't even make a dent in the packaging. I've made it my mission to find out exactly how many points are in them and when I was in Tesco this evening (looking at the Christmas stuff), I found the Nutritional Information on the back of one of their packaging:



Mystery Solved!
I can confirm that 100g (approx 120 beans) = 10 pps! 
It would be easier to crack the Da Vinci Code!

5 Propoints in a 50g Bag



10 Propoints in the 100g Tub


20 Propoints in a 200g Tub






Comments

  1. I suppose the little bags aren't TOO bad, but the problem I'd have is that I couldn't stop at one or two, I could genuinely eat the big gigantic tub without a second thought - the tube would be okay to come out of weeklies but I think it would encourage picking during the week! Damned jellybeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is the opened, unquantifiable amount of jelly beans... kind of like a tin of roses. One rose isnt the problem, its the amount you eat over the course of the tin being open and left on the counter.

      Delete
  2. Thank for sharing is post. I will have to cross-check there web site, feels like a reliable company.

    Posted by Charles Arthur | Jelly Beans

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to testify to everyone on how my husband and i got children after our 5 years of marriage. we got married and we could not conceive a child we have been to several hospitals for checking and the doctors always say that we are okay that nothing is wrong with us, we have been hoping for a child, my husband was beginning to keep late night outside and pressure from the family for him to marry another wife and divorce me, i was always crying and weeping because i was loosing my marriage. so i visited my friend in Florida and she told me that she also have been through this same situation but she got her help of getting pregnant from a Herbal Doctor of fertility,, so she told me that she will connect me to the Herbal Doctor and he will prepare a FERTILITY HERBAL SOAP for me to have my own child, i spent 4days with her in Florida and we both email the Herbal Doctor and he said i should bring all my information to him and he said in 3days the Fertility soap will be prepared and he will send/ship it to me through UPS, after I used it as he instructed, so i waited and i went back made love with my husband and i conceive. so i am very grateful to the Herbal Doctor for his help and miracle that help me save my marriage. please for same help getting pregnant, contact him on zicoherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment