Run Streak : Days 1 - 11

Seen as we are a third of the way through a month, I figure now is an appropriate time to talk about my Run Streak. The Run Streak Challenge as set up by Amphibian King sounded quite straight forward: 

"to run a minimum of 30 mins (or more) per day from 1st December until the 31st December."

And here is how I've been getting on:


BOOM!

It's been tough, but I can't tell if that's due to the nature of the month thats in it (December) or just trying to find the time. There always seems to be something on, be it a Christmas Party or a dinner, a night out or friends calling over. I keep having to remind myself of that quote I've posted here before "If its important to you you'll find a way, otherwise you'll find an excuse".

Last Thursday for example, I had to set my alarm for 6am to go for a run before Bootcamp at 7am as I knew I wouldn't get a chance after work that evening. Another day I went out for my run after 11pm when I got back from a play in the Town Hall. It's been all go but I'm loving it.

The further into the challenge I'm getting, the more excited I am getting about reaching the end. It will definitely keep me motivated over Christmas. I finish up work on the 20th and see already how easy it could be to let everything slip for the week, so that's why I'm looking forward to running with actual day-light (I so can't wait for the Summer again). 

Today is Day 12 - I haven't been for my run yet today but I'm already looking forward to it :) I've already seen the benefits on the scales and I'm rekindling my love of running. I've run more this month than I did across all of November. I have to keep reminding myself that the more I run, the more of these I can enjoy :)


Comments

  1. You're so good. My panic attack on my last run has really put the fear in me and I haven't been able to get back out there since (and made me too embarrassed to admit it out loud). Need something like this to push me back into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that Zoe. Is there someone you could organise to run with? I've also found that the loop of my estate is 3km, on the days I'm not in the mood to venture far from home, doing that loop is handy (but too easy to quit).

      Delete
  2. John where are you getting the energy from. I started on the first of course it had to be on a half marathon day, did that 2:12 took 4 minutes off my last half. Chuffed. I did 5km next day that was it till 7th 10km & Tuesday 8km. I am wrecked from it all, the running is finally catching up with me. Over past 8 months I have completed 5 half marathon and various 8 10 & 13km runs. Improving on some & not on others all depending on the day. I will try to keep myself motivated. I will do one two more before wknd see how I go. Keep up the good work. John. Limerick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John! I don't know where I'm pulling the energy from. Its funny cause when I was training for the marathon I was so diligent with getting proper sleep, staying hydrated and eating correctly. I feel like all that's gone out the window now and I'm being quite bold.

      Keep up the good work yourself. By the sounds of it, you are doing great with 5 HM's under your belt. Rest up and get ready for 2014 :)

      Delete
  3. I'm soooo jealous lol, I got to day 2 of the running streak only to be told I've damaged my tarsal (tarsal damage) I'm still not entirely sure what it is (the doctor told me but I am soo forgetful lol) and it stings when I put pressure on it....soo no running....until the 26th I am sooo doing the 10km even if I have to hop on one foot :P Also well done on the Santa Run, I hear you tho about how annoying the 10km was just a 5km route times 2, the 10km I did in November was just 2.5km route times 4, very very annoying especially when, as you said, you could see the 5k'ers heading home while you were still running :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh crap about the tarsal damage. I suppose you should probably listen to a doctor. You are better off not running for the time being if it makes you come back stronger and better for next year! That's whats important as opposed to going out too soon on it and damaging it even more.

      Delete

Post a Comment